A well maintained and healthy hair is yearned by one and all. While, most
of us take every effort to look great, hair care is often forgotten and this leads
to dull and damaged hair. In such circumstances, hair spa treatment can be the perfect
solution for nourishing and rejuvenating your tresses.
Hair spa is a new concept that is claimed to be good for various hair problems,
like, hair loss, dull and damaged hair, dandruff, split ends, etc. It has emerged
as one of the ideal hair treatments and is offered by almost all hair salons. Let
us have a look at the various aspects of hair spa treatment.
offers best hair spa tips and techniques that you can implement at home..!!
What is Hair SPA Treatment?
Ideally, a hair spa involves oil massage of the scalp, shampooing and
conditioning. It starts with oiling the scalp and the hair, which
is followed by shampooing. After shampooing, conditioning treatment is done. It
may take around one hour for this treatment at a salon. Hair spa treatment
is said to be best for those, who are facing hair loss and those with dull and damaged
hair. This treatment is claimed to arrest hair fall and regain the
lost sheen and bounce of the hair. Even hair problems, like, dandruff, itchy scalp,
etc., can be reduced with this treatment.
is ideal for your hair to regain its texture and shine. A
hair spa consists of oil massaging, shampoo, hair mask, and conditioning. This helps
in recovery of the shine and moisture in the hair, which is lost due to pollution
Scalp is massaged for at least 10 minutes during shampooing.
After the shampoo, a deep conditioning mask is applied and it is massaged for 20
-25 minutes. Then a cream is applied from the root of the hair to the tip.
The whole process in a salon takes almost 40-45 minutes.
Oiling and massaging is necessary to reduce hair fall and bring a shine in the hair.
Hair spa becomes necessary when all the shine from your hair is gone and hair is
falling dangerously. This spa treatment for hair also helps in stopping dandruff
and for coloured hair. Colouring and dandruff tends to dry the hair. So for beautiful
shining tresses proper spa treatment becomes compulsory. In this fast-forward
world, why not learn some fast-forward tips and get that bounce and shine in your
hair - sitting at home?? Here are some tips for having a spa treatment at your own
How to do Hair Spa at Home?
- Step 1:
- Massage your hair and scalp with warm olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Take a cotton cloth and soak it in warm water. Take it out and squeeze it to remove
excess of water.
- Wrap the cotton cloth around your hair such that it covers your scalp and hair
completely. Allow it to stay there for about 10 minutes.
- If possible, do this step before going to bed to get the best possible effect.
- Step 2:
- Wash your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
- Rinse your hair well with plenty of water. The water temperature should be neither
too high nor too low as it may damage the hair strands. The water should
- Step 3:
- Your hair should be just wet with water for the next step of hair spa at home.
This step is the conditioning of hair.
- Use a conditioner which is suitable for your The hair type is usually written on the pack of the conditioner.
Take a small amount of the conditioner and apply it on your hair. For
even application, divide your hair into small sections.
- Apply the conditioner to each hair section one by one. Wait for 2-3 minutes before
washing the hair with water.
- Note: Do not do it more than thrice a week in case you have dry hair. If
you have oily hair, you can perform all these given steps every alternate day. Skip
the first step of oil massaging if your hair is too oily.
- Step 4: This step is to use hair masks in order to nourish your
hair. You need to repeat the steps in only 15 days.
- Hair Mask 1: Mix two beaten eggs with 6 tbsp of coconut oil.
Whisk the mixture to get a homogeneous texture. Apply it on your scalp and massage
with your fingers. Cover your head with a shower cap or a plastic wrap and leave
it for at least 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and a mild, suitable shampoo.
- Hair Mask 2: Mix one mashed banana with 1 beaten egg, 2 tablespoons
of honey, 3 tablespoons of milk and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Whip up the concoction
well, so as to get a uniform texture. Apply on the scalp and leave it on for about
30 minutes. Wash your hair with a suitable shampoo.
- Hair Mask 3: Mix half a cup of mayonnaise with 2 tbsp honey.
Mix the ingredients well in a blender. Apply in generous amounts onto the scalp.
Wash it off after half an hour with a mild shampoo. This recipe makes a great hair
In short, hair spa can work wonders for your hair, especially, if it is
dull and damaged. It can also relieve you from a wide range of hair problems. So,
try this treatment and make your hair look healthy and glowing.